Hey there! Thanks for visiting the WeGoToConcerts collective. Make sure to check out
DanGoesToConcerts.BlogSpot.com which is the other blog owned by Dan Navarro. Thanks!


Thursday, September 17, 2015

Feels Like The First Time: J.P.

Holleratcha music enthusiasts and concert goers! I'm a 24 year old native to southern California and have known our original blogger Mr. Navarro for many a year. In fact he, along with a few others, ignited the torch that I still carry today to seek a variety of new music. His love for characters from Bowie and Ozzy to artists such as Korn and Blue October really illustrate his diverse taste and passion for distinct sounds. He has been an influence to say the least.

Although I have no prejudice against any genre, I typically will be found at some alternative or rock show. My number of live performances attended tallies in the high sixties. I'm the guy who has radio stations set on speed dial to win their contest giveaways. Through the radio alone I've won tickets to Mumford and Sons, Daughtry, KISS FM's Wango Tango event (featuring Calvin Harris, Zedd, Paramore, and Maroon 5 to name a few), as well as the Happy Together Tour (Flo and Eddie from the Turtles and Mickey from the Monkees). I've been to the Grammy Awards show and was fortunate enough to sit as a seat filler directly behind winners Daft Punk and only a few more behind artists like Jay Z and Beyonce. That ceremony and cluster of amazing performances deserves its own story on another day.

Some of my favorite artists include Dispatch, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and the Beatles. However besides them, a few memorable performances have to go to Cat Empire with Current Swell, Flogging Molly, and Fleetwood Mac.


Photo Grab From OC Register. Stephen Jenkins Of Third Eye Blind
The most recent performance I've seen was several weeks back by Third Eye Blind and Dashboard Confessional at my local Irvine amphitheater. Yes they're both still around and rocking up a nostalgic storm of goodness. I may or may not have stalked their tour buses coming home late one night before their show with my girlfriend at four in the morning. Anyways, TEB's new album may have a song or two worth checking out, but as always, it's hard for most bands to top the music that made them. Up next will be Cold War Kids and Pepper down in Oceanside, San Diego on October 2nd and I'll be sure to spit out an exciting review soon after. Ciao!

-Jeremy aka Jpo aka jer bear

No comments:

Post a Comment