Hey there! Thanks for visiting the WeGoToConcerts collective. Make sure to check out
DanGoesToConcerts.BlogSpot.com which is the other blog owned by Dan Navarro. Thanks!


Saturday, September 26, 2015

Down In The Front!: Shannon White

Hi there! My name is Shannon White and I am a new guest blogger on the We Go To Concerts/Dan Goes to Concerts Blog! A huge thanks to Dan for inviting me to join the music blogging experience that he has created! It’s really cool to be asked to do something like this because it really means a lot to have a place where I am considered a reputable show-goer!! Thanks for the support Dan! You’re awesome! Uh, somewhat of an introduction… I have always been into music. There isn’t a time where music wasn’t a huge part of my life. My parents, especially my mom, were incredible influences. Not only did they introduce me to many bands of the late 60s and 70s which spawned some of the most incredible and influential people/artists of rock n roll, but also took me to some of the best shows I have ever been to. Since then I have been consuming every musical genre I can get my hands on. Right now some of my favorite artists are Brothers Osborne, Royal Blood, Houndmouth, and Drake. I’m normally an indie/alternative person but I am also a complete sucker for R&B and my Michael Buble-esque Pandora station. Have suggestions? Let me at ‘Em!!


Royal Blood 9/25/2015
I currently work in what many refer to as ‘the industry’, but to me it’s just my fantastic job. I work for Entercom San Diego, a media company that owns more than 100 radio stations around the country. I have worked here for about 2 and a half years and I think I have almost done every job! I now do Traffic Continuity. I’ve seen many live performances, and counting them seemed daunting. If I had to pick some favorites I would probably say Paul McCartney, Eric Church, AC/DC, and Sandy Parts Festival 2013. I very recently saw Foo Fighters, who are essentially rock gods in their own right. It was a remarkable show and has been one of my favorites this year! Last night I saw Royal Blood, a rock duo from the UK who, in my humble opinion, have the talent to also land into
'rock god’ category,

I hope to update you soon on my most recent shows! Foo Fighters post coming soon I promise! And maybe a little bit of a station promotion from our most recent Indie Jam!!! (I still can't get over the live performance of Silversun Pickups!

Cheers!

1 comment: